DOT Clearing House Now in Effect
Are you ready for the new DOT Clearinghouse?
The Department of Transportation (DOT) Clearinghouse is now live, and it’s already impacting hiring processes and compliance programs. You must complete the registration process before you can conduct queries or report drug and alcohol violations in the DOT Clearinghouse. Once you register, you can designate a consortium/third-party administrator (C/TPA) to access the Clearinghouse on your behalf.
Make sure you and all your drivers are registered and have selected a C/TPA.
How will this affect your business?
The DOT Clearinghouse will impact employers by adding additional steps to:
- Annual reviews
- Background checks
- Disclosure and authorization processes
- Drug and alcohol testing program management
- Employee training
- Pre-employment processes
- Record keeping requirements
How can I register with the Clearinghouse?
To register, follow these steps:
- Visit the DOT Clearinghouse registration page and click “Go to login.gov.”
- If you don’t have an active account, click “Create an account.” If you already have a login.gov account, enter your credentials and sign in. You can skip to step 10.
- Enter your email address and click “Submit.” This is the email address the Clearinghouse will use to send you notifications about your account.
- Open the email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Confirm your email” and verify your email address.
- Create a strong password with at least 12 characters and click “Continue.”
- Select an option to secure your account and click “Continue.” Follow the instructions for the method you select.
- A security code will be sent to you through the method you selected. Enter your security code and click “Submit.”
- After completing the first authentication method, you’ll be prompted to set up a second. Repeat steps 6 and 7. To sign in, you’ll only need one method, but two methods are required during your initial set-up.
- You have created your login.gov account. Click “Continue” to return to the Clearinghouse website to complete your registration. If at any time you experience difficulty with the instructions, click on “Learn” in the top right.
- To register, select your role as an employer, CDL driver, C/TPA or medical review officer. Click “Next.”
- Select “Yes, I have an FMCSA Portal Account,” and click “Next.”
- Enter your Portal username and password to sign in.
- During the contact information review, you can add an alternate phone number. Click “Next.”
- Follow the prompts for adding companies if you are their Clearinghouse administrator.
- Be sure to designate Sanford OccMed as your C/TPA. This allows us to access the Clearinghouse on your behalf. This step is required. Enter Sanford OccMed and click “Enter.”
- Locate Sanford OccMed in the list of registered C/TPAs and click “Designate” on the corresponding line. Click “Next.” A request will be sent to Sanford OccMed to confirm your designation and remind our team to contact you once the registration is complete.
- Review the Clearinghouse Terms and Conditions. Check the box at the bottom of the page to confirm that the information you provided throughout registration is correct and that you agree to the terms and conditions. Click “I Agree.”
Congratulations – Clearinghouse Registration Is Complete
At this time, you will be directed to your dashboard, the homepage for your Clearinghouse activity. This is where you will come to designate C/TPAs, invite and manage Clearinghouse Assistant, report drug and alcohol program violations, conduct queries and purchase query plans.
To learn more about the Clearinghouse options and how Sanford OccMed can help you stay compliant, please fill out the form on this page or call us at (844) 753-6367.