Hire the Best for Your Workforce
Employee turnover slows down your business and negatively affects productivity. Use our occupational medicine services to reduce this issue. Sanford OccMed enables you to hire workers who are the best fit for your company’s culture and the required job tasks. We offer a variety of employment physicals and background checks to find the best employees for your business.
We offer specialized services to find the most qualified people to become the future of your company. Use Sanford OccMed to get the information you need to make the best hiring decisions.
Crane Operator Exam
Jobs in crane operation are physically demanding and require employees to be in good health and physical condition. Our crane operator exam includes:
- DOT test: This test is highly regulated for public safety and designed to detect physical, mental and emotional issues affecting a driver’s ability to operate a commercial motor vehicle safely.
- Drug screening: Drug screenings usually use a urine sample and must be negative for the employee to pass.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires all commercial motor vehicle drivers to be evaluated by a certified medical examiner (CME) to ensure they are healthy enough to safely perform the demanding job of a driver.
Sanford OccMed has an extensive network of CMEs throughout the region to help companies meet this requirement. Our screenings also follow the latest Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. Our examinations are valid for up to 24 months.
Should an issue be discovered during one of our exams, our CMEs are backed by Sanford Health’s network of medical specialists to help address a problem.
Employment exams do more than meet regulations. When you screen new hires, you’re ensuring your company is employing and maintaining healthy employees and promoting workforce safety. With Sanford OccMed, you’ll get tailored examinations that meet your specific needs.
Sanford OccMed offers comprehensive examination options. Our screenings ensure your business is a good fit for new hires and that they are healthy throughout their employment. If an injury does happen, we make sure an employee’s recovery meets job requirements for a safe return to work. We also provide ancillary testing based on your company’s needs.
Our programs meet regulatory requirements, and we cost-effectively provide examinations with same-day access and electronic results.
Sanford OccMed physicals offer:
- Annual exams
- Asbestos exams
- Department of Transportation (DOT)/Commercial driver’s license (CDL) exams
- Pre-placement exams
- Respiratory clearance exams
- Return-to-work exams
Additional services include:
- Hearing tests
- Lab tests
- Pulmonary function tests
- Respirator fit testing (qualitative and quantitative)
- Vision screening
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), occupational hearing loss is the most common work-related illness in the United States. Businesses spend an estimated $242 million annually on workers' compensation for hearing loss disability.
All worksites requiring hearing protection must comply with noise pollution and exposure standards set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Sanford OccMed can help your business prevent hearing loss and keep your worker compensation costs at a minimum. Our licensed audiologists and providers will work with you to develop and maintain a program to meet those needs.
Sanford OccMed’s providers identify hearing loss and can refer workers to audiologists for further testing. An audiologist will determine the nature of the hearing change and provide appropriate intervention to prevent further damage.
Sanford OccMed services include:
- Computerized testing results: We offer individual results and an explanation letter to businesses in an easy-to-understand format. We also provide a composite summary of all employees to the employer.
- Noise dosimetry: On-site noise monitoring to determine the appropriate scope or need for a screening program.
- Pre-placement testing: Baseline testing for employees. This test includes testing interpretation and review.
- Yearly testing: In-clinic and on-site testing with interpretation and review is available for groups.
Respiratory Protection Program
Contaminated air or air that lacks oxygen can be harmful to your employees’ health. Inhaling chemical vapors, fumes or dust can damage the lungs and other organs, leading to serious medical conditions.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations require that workers who wear respirators and are exposed to workplace respiratory hazards must participate in a respiratory protection program.
Sanford OccMed is dedicated to helping you meet this requirement with:
Respiratory clearance testing
Determines workers’ physical abilities to wear respiratory protection safely and to assist employers’ compliance with the OSHA respiratory protection standard (29 CFR 1910.134). The tests include baseline and annual exams and pulmonary function tests. Our staff is NIOSH-certified to perform these tests.
Respirator fit testing
These tests determine if a respirator provides a proper seal around the face to avoid leaks of contaminated air while in use. We’ll show your employees how to wear a respirator mask and our team can do qualitative or quantitative testing.
Asbestos surveillance exams
OSHA requires that workers exposed to asbestos must be included in an asbestos surveillance program. This exam is similar to the respiratory clearance test, but is more detailed and requires a special X-ray of the lungs. This surveillance should be done pre-placement, annually and at termination.
Air quality testing
We monitor for actual risk levels and recommend the appropriate scope of testing.
Companies need professional background screening services to hire the best and keep their employees safe. Sanford OccMed’s new background screening program is your expert resource for comprehensive employment screening. Offered in partnership with Global Safety Network, our services are customized to meet your unique objectives and keep you in compliance as you make critical decisions about your most valuable assets: your employees.
Our background screening program provides:
- A single bill for all services
- Competitive pricing and packages
- Knowledgeable and professional team dedicated to client satisfaction
- Quick turnaround times
We offer these screenings:
- Civil records search
- Commercial Driver’s License Information Systems (CDLIS) search
- County criminal history search
- Credit report
- Education verification
- Employment verification
- Federal criminal records search
- Fraud and Abuse Control Information System (FACIS) search
- General Services Administration (GSA) check
- Global report (includes OFAC, Terror Watch List and Patriot Act Lists)
- Health & Human Services (HHS)/Office of the Inspector General (OIG) searches
- Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- National Criminal Record Search (NCRS) and National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR) search
- Professional license verification
- Professional reference check
- Social security trace verification
- Statewide criminal search
- Workers’ compensation history
- Workers’ compensation search